Whole Split Lemon Mojito Chicken
Motivation: It's like eating Miami for dinner :p
- Don't marinade for more than a couple of days.
- Internal temperature of chicken should reach at least 165F.
1 batch of Lemon Mojito Marinade
4 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsps Dijon mustard
2 tbsps dry white wine
2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Tabasco
1 tsp herbes de Provence
1 tbsp Tastic Original*
1. Place the chicken on a cutting board breast-side down and, using kitchen shears, cut along either side of the backbone to remove it. Flip the chicken over and press gently but firmly onto the breastbone until the chicken flattens. Using a sharp knife, slash partway through both sides of the joint between the thigh and the leg. Do the same for the joint between the wing and breast.
2. Put split chicken in a large ziplock or container that will hold the chicken and the marinade. Fully submerge in marinade and put in the refrigerator overnight or at least 6 hours. Feel free to occasionally flip bag or container if you feel the chicken is not fully submerged in marinade.
3. After marinading remove from bag and discard marinade.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine. In a large over-proof skillet, place the chicken skin-side down and pour half the sauce over it, rubbing it into the flesh. Turn the chicken over and pour the remaining sauce onto it.
5. Place the skillet over high heat for about 5 minutes, until the chicken begins to sizzle and brown. Transfer to the oven and roast for about 30-45 minutes until the skin is crackly and the chicken is cooked through. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before carving.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones