Lemon Mojito Marinade
Motivation: This goes with chicken like ham & burger :)
Major key: Mojito marinade keeps for up to 2 weeks.
1/4 cup chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups fresh orange juice
Zest of 2 lemons and it's juice
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup olive oil
4 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix together the garlic, onions, orange juice, zest and juice of lemons and lime juice in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan til just smoking. Now cover up your arms and put some potholder mitts on your hands because you're about to do something that is contrary to good cooking practice but produces great flavor release.
- Slide the contents of the bowl into the hot oil — be very careful because the liquid will splatter. Simmer for 5 minutes to soften the onions and garlic.
- Season the marinade with the rest of the ingredients. Pour everything into a blender or food processor and pulse 3 times to combine.
- Pour into a plastic container and cool to room temperature; then cover and refrigerate.
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊