SHRIMP ALFREDO PASTA
1. If you just want an alfredo sauce recipe click HERE
2. I topped this with some crisped prosciutto. Preheat oven to 400. Lay proscuitto on parchment lined sheet tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until crisped.
- 10 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 5 tablespoons butter divided use
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese OR manchego and asiago is a great substitution
- Tastic spice to taste*
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed if desired
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- prosciutto (see note above)
1. Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions.
2. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium low heat.
3. Add the cream and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until just thickened - do not boil. Whisk in the parmesan cheese, stirring continuously, until cheese has melted.
4. Season the sauce with Tastic spice to taste.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium high heat.
6. Add the shrimp to the pan and season with Tastic spice and/or Old Bay.
7. Cook the shrimp for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and opaque.
8. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
9. Drain the pasta and toss with the alfredo sauce. Arrange the shrimp on top and sprinkle with parsley and top with proscuitto (if using), then serve.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones