JAMAICAN JERK CHILI
2 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (because they save lives)
6 sprigs green onion, plus more for garnish
1 Vidalia onion, diced
3 peppers (red, yellow, orange or green)
1 habanero, finely minced
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
1 (15 oz) can black beans
1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup your favorite jerk marinade (or my RECIPE)
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. Tastic original
2 tsps. dried thyme
2 tsps. cumin
2 tsps. ground allspice
1 tsps. Tastic sweet
Juice of 3 limes
¼ cup chopped cilantro
Shredded cheddar cheese, to top chili
Sliced avocado, optional (garnish)
Add some PLANTAINS on top, optional (garnish)
- Combine the chicken, peppers, beans, onions, crushed tomato, garlic, jerk marinade, soy sauce, both Tastic spices, thyme, cumin & allspice in a slow cooker. Stir gently to mix the spices.
- Cover and cook. On high it will take about 4 hours. On low it will be about 6-8 hours.
- When the chili has cooked, removed the lid, stir, and shred the chicken. Then, mix in the lime juice and cilantro. Adjust and season to taste.
- Serve warm with additional green onion, shredded cheese, and sliced avocado, if desired.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones