HOT HONEY CORNBREAD
A few words...
Cornbread has so much history. It has so many variations and compliments so many things so well. I’ve made cornbread a billion ways like THIS.
Enjoy this some variation to my classic cornbread recipe.
The heat in this recipe (Hot Honey) can really be any heat you want. You could add jalapeños, red pepper flakes or even chili peppers. This recipe is about striking a balance between heat and sweet.
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Tastic sweet
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup creamed style corn
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
Butter or oil for skillet
Preheat oven to 350
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix to incorporate ingredients.
2. In a small bowl combine oil, egg, sour cream, both milks and corn. Mix to incorporate. Stir into dry ingredients and then mix in cheese.
3. Pour into buttered or oiled cast iron skillet, muffin tins or bread pan.
4. Bake into knife inserted in center comes out clean (about 20 minutes).
5. Combine melted butter and honey. Drizzle over cornbread and let soak in.
6. Time to enjoy your hard work. Dig in!
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE