Strawberry Goat Cheese Honey Cornbread
Motivation: A scratch cornbread is a great tool to have in your arsenal. Up your game :)
- The goat cheese is optional but I love the tang it gives to this sweet cornbread.
2 cups flour
2 cups fine cornmeal
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsps baking powder
1 tbsp Tastic Sweet*
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup condensed milk
1 stick melted butter
4 tbsps vegetable oil
2/3 cup honey
1 1/2 cup diced strawberies
1/2 crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prepare a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners or a 9' inch cake pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl and form a well into the middle of the mixture.
- Mix egg, milk, melted butter, honey and oil in a large mixing bowl. Pour into the well of dry ingredients; mix well.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Divide batter into the lined muffin pan, filling them 3/4 of the way. This makes a large muffin. Or pour into greased cake pan
- Sprinkle goat cheese on top and reserved strawberries.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
*Tastic Sweet is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊