STRAWBERRY GOAT CHEESE HONEY CORNBREAD
MOTIVATION: A scratch cornbread is a great tool to have in your arsenal. Up your game :)
MAJOR KEY: The goat cheese is optional but I love the tang it gives to this sweet cornbread.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups fine cornmeal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsps baking powder
- 1 tbsp Tastic Sweet*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 stick melted butter
- 4 tbsps vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prepare a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners or a 9' inch cake pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl and form a well into the middle of the mixture.
- Mix egg, milk, melted butter, honey and oil in a large mixing bowl. Pour into the well of dry ingredients; mix well.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Divide batter into the lined muffin pan, filling them 3/4 of the way. This makes a large muffin. Or pour into greased cake pan
- Sprinkle goat cheese on top and reserved strawberries.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE