CRISPY AF CHICKEN TENDERS
MAJOR KEY: I use thigh meat for my tenders. Why? Because the name itself says "tender" and I don't think there is a more tender part of the chicken than thighs.
4 chicken thighs boneless skinless
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 large eggs beaten
2 cups flour
2 tbsps Tastic spice
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp herbes de provence
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
canola oil for frying
Fleur de sel, optional
1. Cut the chicken thighs into tender strips and soak them in a bowl with the buttermilk and hot sauce for 1 hour minimum and up to 6 hours.
2. Add the eggs to one bowl and the flour and spices to a second bowl.
3. Dip each piece of chicken from the buttermilk bowl to the flour mixture.
4. Dip it into the eggs then back into the flour mixture.
5. Shake excess flour gently off and put the chicken onto a baking sheet. Repeat with all the pieces.
6. Heat the oil (three inches deep) in a dutch oven (or big pot) on medium high heat to 350 degrees
7. Fry the chicken in small batches for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. OPTIONAL: Slightly sprinkle on some fleur de sel. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE
Back to Recipe Blog: Jumoke 2.0