Vegan Cauliflower Fettuccine Alfredo with Kale
A few words.. Yes, you can have Alfredo and still be vegan. Thank me later 🌱
1/2 cup fresh Panko breadcrumbs, toasted
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
4 cups cauliflower florets (1 small head)
1 cup raw cashews
2 tablespoons of salt
1 tablespoon of olive oil
8 ounces whole wheat or spinach fettuccine
4 cups lightly packed thinly sliced kale
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons white miso
2 tablespoons Tastic spice*
1 cup vegetable broth or water
1. Put a large pot of water on to boil.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, paprika and lemon zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Add cauliflower and cashews to the boiling water; cook until the cauliflower is very tender, about 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cauliflower and cashews to a blender.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to boiling water. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes. Add kale and cook until the pasta is just tender, about 3–5 minutes more. Drain; return the pasta and kale to the pot.
5. Add lemon juice, miso, Tastic and 1 cup of water or broth to the blender; process until smooth. Add the sauce to the pasta and stir until well coated. Serve topped with breadcrumbs mixture.
Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones