TURKEY KICK BURGERS WITH ASIAN SLAW
A few word... I have another turkey burger recipe on my site that I love. But this one has a kick that I can’t deny. E-knee, meany, mine-e, moo.. Take your pick and let’s go.
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey (I actually prefer hot honey)
8 ozs Savoy cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
1 Granny Smith apple, cut into match sticks
1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons black sesame seeds, optional
1 1/2 tablespoon chili paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 pound ground turkey
2 tablespoons olive oil, for skillet
4 buns, toasted with buttah
1. Heat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, honey, and teaspoon of Tastic. Add the cabbage, apple, sesame seeds, and jalapeño and toss. Set aside and let flavors blend.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the chili paste, soy sauce, Tastic and ginger; stir in the onion, then add the turkey and mix to combine. Form the mixture into 3/4 thick patties. Makes about 4.
3. Heat a grill, or oil in a cast iron skillet, to medium-high heat. Grill or cook burgers until a thermometer reads 165F, 7-8 minutes per side on a grill and 4-5 minutes per side in a skillet. If cooking on stove drop a tablespoon of butter in at the end and baste burgers for 30 seconds.
4. Spread the buns with a top of the sriracha mayonnaise, then top with the burgers and slaw. Serve ‘em up.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE