TIKKI MASALA CURRY CAULIFLOWER
MAJOR KEYS: Combine 1/2 cup soaked raw unsalted cashews + 1/4 cup water into a blender
1 medium cauliflower, washed and cut into small florets
1 cup white onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
½ in ginger, grated
½ green jalapeno, diced
½ tsp dry mustard
1 tbsp cooking oil
Freshly chopped cilantro (garnish)
2 tbsp cashew cream (optional)
3 medium tomatoes, halved
1 medium red bell pepper
½ cup fresh cilantro
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
¾ tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp Tasic sweet *
1 tsp Tastic original *
Chili powder, according to preference
- In a large non-stick saute pan, heat 1 tbsp cooking oil on medium heat.
- Add in the dry mustard, ginger, minced garlic, green jalapenos (if using), and chopped onions. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant and the onions start to become translucent. Mix frequently to avoid burning.
- While the mixture is cooking, add all the Sauce ingredients above into a blender.
- Once the onions start to become transluscent, turn off the heat, and add all the contents of the saute pan (onion/garlic/ginger) into the blender containing the Sauce ingredients.
- Blend on high until completely pureed into a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce from the blender back into the saute pan, add all the Spices listed above, and mix to combine. Heat the sauce on medium-low until you achieve a gentle simmer. Cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes on medium-low heat.
To Make the Dish:
- Add all the cauliflower florets into the sauce, toss, and cook, COVERED, for about 10 minutes on low heat or until the cauliflower florets are cooked and tender yet able to keep shape.
- Remove the cover and cook again on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for up to about 10-15 minutes OR until the sauce reduces a decent amount and thickens in consistency. While you are waiting, prepare the cashew cream if using.
- Season with additional salt if needed, turn off the heat, drizzle on 2 tbsp of cashew cream (if using), and garnish with some fresh chopped cilantro. Enjoy hot with some rice, Naan, or favorite tortilla.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones
SIGN UP FOR FREE VEGAN RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE