Thick Thighs & Shrimp with Red Curry Pasta
A few words...
Let me tell you what I was thinking on this one. I was really thinking about Surf and Turf. But then I said people know surf and turf already. What combination is as notorious as steak and shrimp? Thick thighs and skrimp.. Yeeeeessssss.
- Cook pasta according to package and al dente.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium-high.
- Add the carrot, celery, peppers, onion and garlic and sauté for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are translucent and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground beef, Tastic and sauté for about 10 minutes, breaking the meat up as it cooks.
- While beef is cooking preheat oven to 350 and heat a medium sauce pan on high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Season chicken liberally on both sides with Tastic spice.
- Sear chicken (skin side down) for 3-4 minutes until skin crisps. Flip and finish in oven until chicken hits 165 degrees.
- Add wine, tomatoes, curry paste and basil. Stir to combine. Simmer the sauce for 20 – 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce simmers heat another small pan (high heat) with a drizzle of olive oil and season shrimp liberally with shrimp.
- Add shrimp to pan and sear on one side for 1-2 minutes until edges turn pink. Flip and cook another 30 seconds. Squeeze lemon juice over top.
- To serve add pasta to sauce, toss and place in bowl. Add a chicken thigh and spoon some sauce over. Add a few shrimp on top and spoon more sauce on if desired.
GARNISH IDEAS: Shave your favorite hard cheese, dried herbs, chopped parsley or green onions.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE