THICK THIGH CRANBERRY CHICKEN
Motivation: Beyond being a life saver; you're being creative. Wow them with this play on savory and sweet.
Major Key: I don't encourage it, but you can use breast meat or any other part of the chicken you prefer.
8 chicken thighs, bone-in
1 1/2 cup Auntie B's Cranberry Sauce
1 minced shallot, about 3 tbsps.
2 tbsps fresh minced thyme leaves
1/2 cup white wine (whichever kind you like to drink)
1 tbsp. butter/buttah
1. Season chicken liberally with Tastic spice on both sides.
2. Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. When hot, add chicken skin side down. (Make skin is not bunched up and the chicken is in full contact with the skillet). Sear for 4-5 minutes until skin is browned. Flip and cook same amount of time.
3. Remove chicken from skillet onto a lined baking sheet. Do not discard skillet. Place in oven bake until cooked through (about 35 mins).
4. Return skillet to heat and add shallots. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine and deglaze skillet over low heat. Once deglazed, add cranberry sauce and butter. Stir until you get a smooth sauce with the only bumps being the cranberries themselves. Remove from heat and stir in thyme.
5. Remove the cooked chicken from skillet and place in cranberry sauce over low heat. Baste the chicken in cranberry sauce for 2-5 minutes until nicely coated.
6. Serve chicken with sauce from pan.