TEQUILA LIME WATERMELON WITH CITRUS SUGAR
Motivation: If you missed national watermelon day on August 3rd then reclaim it all summer with this recipe that plays with sweet and sour perfectly!
1. The longer you soak the watermelon the more drunk and turnt you get. If you soak for too long the watermelon starts to break down. At that point, your best bet it to blend it up and make a drink with it. The party don't stop!
2. Don't dip the watermelon in the sugar mixture until you're ready to serve. It will dissolve into the watermelon quickly and not be visible. You want people to see your puuurty presentation ;)
1 whole petite watermelon, cut in slices or cut into chunks
2 cups of your favorite tequila
2 limes juiced
1/2 cup simple syrup
3/4 cup coarse sugar, if you have regular it's fine (I like coarse because it's a good texture feel on the watermelon)
1/4 cup salt
Zest of one lime
Zest of one lemon
Zest of one orange (optional)
Torn fresh mint (optional)
1. Combine tequila, lime juice and simple syrup and mix.
2. Place tequila liquid in a big ziplock or shallow bowl. (Something big enough to hold the liquid and watermelon)
3. Add watermelon and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. I like to let it go for an hour or so.
4. Remove watermelon from liquid. PAUSE: Take a shot with that leftover liquid. Then continue with this recipe :)
5. On a slightly rimmed plate or shallow bowl combine sugar, salt and zests and mix.
6. Dip watermelon into sugar mixture to make a crust on one side. Place on serving plate. Add some fresh torn mint leaves for garnish and even more pop!
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones