SWEET POTATO PANCAKES WITH CEREAL CRUMBLE
A few words...
Mornings are not complete until a stack of pancakes has been placed down in front of us. These sweet potato pancakes are perfect for any morning! Roast sweet potatoes to make your own puree or use canned; either way, you'll still have a fluffy, homemade pancake that's better than any box mix could make..trust me.. I'm a chef!
Butter, for cooking and serving
Cereal Crumble for garnish and topping
Maple syrup, for serving
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup corn flakes
1/4 cup oatmeal
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon orange zest
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and sweet potato puree, then add eggs and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. When butter is foamy, reduce heat to medium-low and ladle a scant ½ cup pancake batter into skillet. Cook until bubbles start to form in batter and pancake is golden underneath, about 3 minutes, then flip and cook other side until golden, another 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place crumble ingredients in food processor and blend until fine or desired texture.
- Serve with more butter, crumble, and maple syrup.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE