Sweet Potato French Toast Bake
MAJOR KEY: Think ahead! It’s best to start this recipe the night before you want to eat it.
¾ cup milk
½ cup sweet potato puree
1 tbsp. Tastic sweet
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (12-count) dinner rolls, I used King’s Hawaiian
For the Crumb Topping
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. Tastic sweet
¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
¼ cup chopped pecans
2 tbsps confectioners’ sugar
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar and Tastic sweet on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, Tastic sweet and vanilla.
- Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place a layer of bread cubes evenly into the baking dish. Pour half of the pumpkin puree mixture evenly over the top. Spread cream cheese filling in an even layer. Top with remaining bread cubes and pumpkin puree mixture to completely cover the filling.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crumb topping, combine flour, sugar and Tastic sweet in a small bowl. Add cold butter and toss to coat, using your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the bread cubes.
- Place into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with pecans and confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
*Tastic Spice is available at www.chefjjackson.com