Strawberry Whole Wheat Pancakes
There is a joy like none other that comes with pancakes. It’s why they invented the spatula! It’s why kids cheer on Saturday morning! It’s stacks take you to higher heights and it never disappoints. You owe it to yourself to learn how to step away from the box mix and make ‘em yo damn self! And these bad boys use wheat flour! Do it for the culture! You got this!
- Pancakes are about wet to dry ingredient ratio. If you want thicker pancakes add a little more flour. If you want thinner pancakes, add a little more buttermilk. Let me know if you have questions.
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsps. Tastic sweet*
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 ½ cup buttermilk
2 tbsp butter melted
1 cup diced strawberries
1/3 cup honey
1 tbsp. quality maple syrup (Sorry Aunt Jemima won’t cut it..lol)
1 tbsp. Tastic Sweet
- Preheat griddle or a large pan over medium low heat. I cooked these at a lower heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the buttermilk, egg and butter and stir just until combined. Gently fold in strawberries.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter (or just eye ball it) onto the preheated griddle. Cook for a couple of minutes until bubbles appear. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes or until golden.
- For the strawberry syrup combine all ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for five minutes and serve over the pancakes.
*Tastic spice is available at www.chefjjackson.com