1 lb, fresh strawberries, steam removed and halved
2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
3 tbsps chopped fresh basil
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp lemon zest
Sea salt, to taste
4 slices of brioche, croissant bread or challah
1 cup plain hummus
8 thin strips of Brie
1. Preheat oven to 375. Place strawberries on a parchment lined pan. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of vinegar; toss to coat. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until strawberries are very soft and jam like but hold their shape.
2. Pour strawberries into a bowl and add remaining vinegar, brown sugar and lemon zest. Season with salt if desired.
3. Meanwhile spread a thin layer of hummus on each piece of bread and place 2 strips of Brie on each slice. Toast in an oven until cheese starts to melt.
4. Remove from oven and place on serving plate. Spoon some of the strawberry mixture on each piece of bread. Garnish with fresh basil leaves. Drizzle with additional vinegar if desired. Serve!
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE