Slow Cooker Coconut Pork Curry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Tastic spice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- One 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- Steamed rice, chopped cilantro and sliced scallions, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Season the pork with Tastic spice. Add half of the pork to the skillet and brown it over moderately high heat, about 12 minutes. Transfer the pork to the slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining pork.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat in the skillet. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, curry, cumin and turmeric and cook over low heat, stirring, until fragrant and the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Scrape the mixture into the slow cooker. Add the tomatoes and their juices, coconut milk and stock, cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Spoon off as much fat from the surface of the stew as possible.
- Serve the stew over rice in deep bowls, garnished with cilantro and scallions.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE