2 net carbs, 27% protein, 5% carbs, 71%fat
- The key to soufflés are the whipped egg whites. Don’t skip this step.
- A soufflé is a nice texture difference to your everyday eggs. The recipe should only take 20 minutes and is worth the effort.
- Serve this with a side salad. Yes, you can have salad in the morning. It’s a great way to start off with some veggies.
- Add a kick with harissa, cayenne or red pepper flakes. Spices activate your metabolism.
6 large eggs, separated
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or scallions (Your choice. I like both)
1 tbsp Tastic spice*
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
5 oz salad mix (your favorite kind)
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
1/4 cup shaved or diced carrot
1/4 cup sliced cucumber
2 tbsps virgin olive oil
1 lemon or orange, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, chives (or scallions) and Tastic.
3. In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold whites into yolk mixture.
4. Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet and coat the whole pan.
5. Add egg mixture to skillet and sprinkle cheese over top. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until eggs are puffed and golden. Optional: Add additional Parmesan as a garnish.
6. Mix greens, carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers with a drizzle of olive oil, juice of your citrus (lemon or orange) and a sprinkle of Tastic.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊