Sheet Pan Beefy Nachos
By Cuisine Noir Magazine and Chef Jumoke Jackson (aka Mr. Foodtastic)
When you are looking for something quick, easy and delicious, these nachos aim to please. Using ingredients commonly found in your refrigerator and pantry, in less than an hour, you’ll have a memorable meal for the entire family. This dish is also great for game days and other gatherings with friends and family.
Serving size: 4
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
1 tablespoon Tony Chachere’s Bold (optional)
1/3 cup water
16 oz bag of tortilla chips
1 cup nacho cheese sauce, melted
3 oz sliced black olives
3 oz sliced jalapeno, jarred
15 oz black beans, rinsed
1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/3 cup red onions, diced or pickled
3 cups shredded cheese
1 jalapeno, thin sliced
1 cup salsa of our choice or homemade
Jalapeno Sour Cream
1 minced jalapeño
1 cup sour cream
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tablespoon parsley or cilantro, chopped
1. Start by preheating the oven to 400 °F degrees and lightly spraying a large baking pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, brown ground beef until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes. Drain grease and return beef to the pan. Add in Tony Chachere’s Creole and Bold seasonings and 1/3 cup of water. Stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Lay tortilla chips out in an even and singular layer on the sheet pan. Top chips with the ground beef, then a layer of nacho cheese sauce. Add a layer of black beans, then sliced jalapeno, olives, diced tomato, red onions. Top off nachos with shredded cheese and sliced fresh jalapeno. Evenly sprinkle on Tony Chachere’s Creole or Bold.
4. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
5. For the sour cream, mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Serve nachos topped with sour cream and salsa.
TIPS & NOTES:
1. Don’t like an ingredient in this recipe? Leave it off. Or add something new! The idea is to dig into your pantry and explore new flavors.
3. This recipe is also great with chicken and steak that is thinly sliced. If cooking on the grill, stovetop, season with Tony Chachere’s seasonings and cook chicken until no pink and steak according to how you like it for step 2. Add to the dish in step 3. You can also omit the meat or substitute for a vegan or vegetarian option.
2. You can reserve a small portion of your onions, beans, etc. to sprinkle on top after baking to make them extra pretty and “Instagrammable.”