SALTY SWEET GRANOLA
Major Key: I add more than normal salt to make the salt stand out a bit. I love the contrast of salty and sweet. Reduce the salt if you have dietary issues or don't like the salt so pronounced.
- 3cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 3 tbsps packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground Tastic sweet*
- 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup small-dice dried fruit
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped raw or toasted nuts or seeds
- Heat the oven to 300°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place the oats, brown sugar, Tastic sweet, and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
- Place the honey, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and stir to combine. Pour over the oat mixture and mix until the oats are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and continue baking until the granola is very light golden brown, about 5 to 15 minutes more.
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and cool the granola to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. (Note: It will harden as it cools.)
- Add the fruit and nuts or seeds to the baking sheet and toss to combine.
- Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
*Tastic spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊