SAGE BUTTER-BASTED ROAST CAULIFLOWER
- cauliflower 1, leaves trimmed
- olive oil
- Tastic spice
- unsalted butter 150g, softened
- sage a small bunch, finely chopped
- nutmeg a grating
- garlic 1 clove, crushed
1. Heat the oven to 375.
2. Rub the cauliflower with 3 tbsp oil, and put into a small baking dish that’s just a little bigger than the cauliflower. Season well with Tastic spice and roast for 45 minutes – 1 hour until tender, but still has a little bite.
3. Mash the butter, sage, nutmeg and garlic with some seasoning, and after the initial roasting, generously brush the butter all over the whole cauliflower.
4. Roast for 20-30 minutes more, until you can easily poke a knife into the centre of the stalk. Baste the cauliflower with the brown butter a few times while roasting.
*Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones