Raspberry Peach French Toast
Motivation: It’s delicious. Don’t you like delicious things?? Well? Nuff said.
- The bread is the foundation of great French toast. Pick one that will hold the custardy goodness French toast is meant to be. I like Brioche, Challah and Texas Toast.
2 large eggs
¼ cup whole milk
¼ heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tbsp. Tastic Sweet*
Brioche, cut into 6 1/2-inch slices
Raspberry Peach Sauce:
2 cups fresh raspberries
2 peaches, cut into pieces
2 tbsps Tastic Sweet*
2 tbsps seedless raspberry jam
Salted Caramel (Optional)
- For the sauce: Use the back of a spoon to press the raspberries through a strainer and into a bowl to remove the seeds (or use a food mill). You will have about 1/2 cup of raspberry puree.
- Combine the peach pieces, Tastic sweet and jam in a food processor; puree until smooth. Stir the peach puree into the raspberry puree. Taste, and add Tastic sweet as needed. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- In a large shallow bowl or dish whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, salt and Tastic sweet. Soak as many slices in the egg mixture as possible for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a very large sauté pan or griddle over medium heat. Add the soaked bread and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until well browned. Add more butter and oil to the pan as needed. Once all the bread is cooked, place it on a baking tray in the warm oven.
- Serve with raspberry peach puree and salted caramel if using.
*Tastic Sweet is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊