- 4 cups thin sliced raw potatoes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 15 ounce can refried beans
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Oil for frying
Additional Topping Ideas:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/3 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced or pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
Soak potatoes in cold water for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Remove from water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a cast iron pan or small pot heat frying oil to 350.
- In batch fry potatoes until golden (about 2-3 minutes). Be sure to flip potatoes as needed to not burn potatoes.
- Drain potatoes on wire rack. Sprinkle some taco seasoning and kosher salt on potatoes while they are still hot.
Spread potato chips out onto a baking sheet (or other desired oven-safe baking dish including a 9x13 pan, cast iron skillet, or even a pie plate).
Sprinkle 2 cups of the cheese over the chips. Dot with the beans (if using) mixture. Top with remaining 2 cups of cheese.
Bake in the 350 degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until cheese is fully melted.
Remove from heat and add additional toppings as desired. Serve warm.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones