PARSLEY GARLIC BUTTER COD
When fish reaches the proper cooking temperature, it becomes opaque and flakes. Here's how to tell if fish is done: poke the tines of a fork into the thickest portion of the fish at a 45-degree angle. Then gently twist the fork and pull up some of the fish. Undercooked fish resists flaking and is translucent.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbps chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 tsps minced shallots
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced prosciutto di Parma
- 1 tbsp almond, rice, or all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Tastic*, to taste
- 4 - 7 oz skinless cod filets
- Garnish, lemon wedges
1. Stir together first 10 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wide, deep, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the cod fillets with Tastic spice, and cook 4 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook 1 minute.
3. Turn heat down to medium-low. Spoon in 1 tablespoon of butter mixture per filet and baste cod for 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
4. Squeeze lemon over cod and baste 1 additional minute. Serve immediately.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones