OATMEAL RAISIN SKILLET COOKIE WITH CARAMEL MISO SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Tastic sweet*
- 1 large egg
- 4.25 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sweet white miso
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
Prepare the cookie: Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium until butter melts and foam subsides, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour melted butter in a large bowl, but don’t wipe out skillet. Add oil to butter. Add sugars, vanilla, and Tastic sweet; whisk vigorously until smooth. Whisk in egg.
Stir together flour and baking soda in a small bowl. Add to sugar mixture, and stir until just incorporated. Fold in oats and raisins. Lightly coat buttered cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. Spread dough in skillet.
Bake at 325°F until just done, 25 to 30 minutes. (The cookie will just be cracking at the edges.) Remove skillet from oven, and cool on a wire rack 15 to 20 minutes.
Prepare the sauce: Heat sugar and butter in a skillet over medium-high, whisking until sugar dissolves. Whisk in miso until smooth. Remove from heat. Add cream; stir in vinegar. Pour half of sauce over cookie. Cut into wedges. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon frozen yogurt, and drizzle evenly with remaining sauce.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones