No Bean Buffalo Chicken Chili
Major Key: I use lamb but you can use ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 2 pounds lean ground lamb,
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Tastic spice*,plus more
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- Your favorite hot sauce (Tabasco, Sriracha, etc.)
1. Add your ground lamb to a large stock pot. Use your spatula to crumble the beef. Add in your chopped green pepper and onion. Cook on medium high, stirring occasionally, until lamb is browned.
2. If your lamb isn't very lean you'll want to drain the grease before moving on to the next step. I use a very lean beef so I don't need to drain mine.
3. Once your ground lamb is cooked it's time to add the other ingredients to the pot except hot sauce and chicken. Stir. Cover and let simmer for 20 - 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, season chicken breast with Tastic and pan sear in a small skillet. Finish in oven at 350 or cook internal temp hits 165 or stove top. Remove from pan, cool and shred. Do not get rid of pan.
5. Return pan to medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter and a big squirt of hot sauce. Add shredded chicken and mix until fully coated. Set aside.
6. Taste chili and adjust seasoning with Tastic if necessary. Top with shredded chicken, green onions, avocado, cilantro, or cheese. Enjoy!