MUSTARD PESTO PORK LOIN
A few words... I like to cook pork loin at a lower temp then most. I feel it helps to keep it from drying out. Pork is a lean meat.
- 2 lbs. pork loin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Tastic spice*
- 3 tbsp honey mustard
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary and thyme; season to taste with Tastic spice.
- Place the pork in a baking pan and brush on mustard then rub with the herb mixture.
- Roast in the oven 30 to 35 minutes.
- Place the basil, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and olive oil in a blender, or food processor, and blend until smooth; then season to taste with salt.
- Spread the pesto over the top of the pork and roast another 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with the remaining pesto sauce.
*Tastic spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE