LOW CARB "KETO" SWEET POTATO MASH
1. As a practice you shouldn't eat carbs as a regular part of your diet if you're trying to go into ketosis. So, while this recipe has been tailored for people on the keto diet, it should be eaten selectively.
2. The pecan topping is optional.
3. To make a sweet potato puree simply peel, chop and boil sweet potato until very tender. Drain and mash until smooth. You can also put it in a food processor to get them super smooth.
8 ozs cauliflower
1 cup sweet potato puree
3 tbsps unsalted butter
2 tbsps heavy cream
3 tbsps xylitol caramelized
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp Tastic Sweet*
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tbsp orange zest
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2 tbsps xylitol
1 tsp unsalted butter
1. Cook the cauliflower in a little vegetable stock in a covered pan until it is very soft. The drain.
2. Add the cauliflower, pumpkin, butter, cream, salt, zest and spices to a food processor.
3. Meanwhile add the xylitol to a heavy pan. Melt it over medium heat, stirring once in awhile until it is a liquid.
4. Watching it carefully, and stirring occasionally, continue to heat the xylitol until it turns golden brown.
5. Set aside for a minute or two to cool slightly.
6. Pulse the ingredients int the food processor until mushy.
7. Add the caramelized xylitol. Process until smooth.
8. If it is too watery, pan back to pan and cook off some of the liquid. Put in bowl and set aside.
1. Melt the xylitol in a small saucepan until it is liquid.
2. Stir in and coat the pecan. Add butter and continue to mix.
3. Let cook slightly and spoon over the "sweet potatoes" before serving..
*Tastic spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE