HONEY MISO SALMON
MAJOR KEY: Contrary to popular belief, Luke is not saying "Miso Honey" in his song 😆 (you have to be over 40 to get it). Seriously, do you know what miso is? Miso is fermented soybeans and barley. There are different types of miso and thus different levels of flavor. If you want a strong miso taste, go with the red. For mild, go with yellow or white.
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons red miso
2 tablespoons soy sauce
5 large cloves garlic, grated
2 pounds skinless salmon fillet, rinsed and patted dry
1 bunch scallions
5 lemons, cut into wedges
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
*SERVE WITH CAULIFLOWER GRITS
- Preheat a grill to 350 degrees F over medium-low heat.
- Combine the honey, lime juice, miso, soy sauce and garlic in a small bowl and blend well.
- Place the salmon on the cedar plank and brush with the sauce to coat. Set the plank on the grill, cover and cook until the salmon just flakes with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Toss the scallions and lemon wedges in the oil and season with Tastic spice. When the salmon has about 5 more minutes to cook, add the scallions and lemons to the grill and cook them until charred and softened.
- Remove the salmon from grill, brush with more sauce and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve the salmon with the charred scallions and lemons.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones