Motivation: If you grew up on the Flintstones this your chance to live your childhood. Bedrock meat!!
- Bring the steak or steaks to room temperature before cooking.
- You can check out some video footage spice Instagram page @tasticspice
Tomahawk ribeye steak (2 inch thick)
Bacon fat or high heat cooking oil
1/2 cup fresh chopped herbs, your favorite
1/2 stick of butter..or buttah
- Working with room temperature steaks, slather those bad boys in bacon fat if you got it. Otherwise, any high temperature cooking oil will work. Then season liberally with salt, pepper and Tastic spice. Be sure to get the sides, front and back.
- If you have time let it rest in the fridge overnight. Otherwise, let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Set your grill to high if working with gas or get it piping hot with charcoal.
- Sear steaks for about 4 times, quarter turn on same side and sear for 4 more minutes. Flip and repeat process.
- Transfer steak to cast iron skillet or non stick pan and finish in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Steaks are ready when they reach 115°F internal in the thickest part (115°F is medium rare. Cook to 105°F to 110°F for rare, 125°F for medium. Beyond that…buy a thinner steak.) I DO NOT CONDONE WELL DONE MEAT...ijs
- Finish by putting skillet on stove top over medium heat and basting with butter and herbs.
*Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊