A few words.. Jesus, I love pancakes. It’s damn near spiritual for me. I have a dozen pancake recipes on my site but this is the first one with just a good ol’ fluffy ass pancake. Thank me later 😁
1. Do not overmix the batter. When you do, you develop the gluten. Activated gluten equals rubbery pancakes 👎🏽
2. Make sure you use medium heat. If your pan is too hot the outside will still brown but the inside will be runny. A lower heat is better to cook the inside.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (can use lemon juice here as well. If you have buttermilk you can replace the milk and vinegar with 1 1/2 cups buttermilk)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- cooking spray
Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour". It will look curdled.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk eggs and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone. Do not overmix!
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray or you can use butter. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side. Serve with syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.
Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones