Firecracker Salmon Recipe
This recipe would work well with white fish as well.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoons low sodium low soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (substitute with Buffalo sauce or hot sauce to suit your heat preference)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- pinch of crushed red chili flakes
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha (adjust to suit your heat preference)
- 4 skin off salmon fillets
- Tastic spice to season*
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (mild, smoky or spicy)
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
1. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, minced ginger, olive oil, soy sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, red chili flakes and sriracha to combine.
2. Season salmon with Tastic and paprika. Add salmon fillets to the marinade, turning each to evenly coat in the sauce.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight (if time allows).
4. Preheat oven to 370°F. Heat an oven proof skillet over medium heat with a small drizzle of oil.
5. Sear salmon for 2-3 minutes on both sides, undisturbed, to get nice crust. (You may need to sear in batches depending on the size of your skillet.) Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining salmon.
6. Return all salmon fillets to the skillet. Alternatively, transfer to baking dish.Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Serve warm with chopped chives.
Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones