FAT ASS BROWN BUTTAH 3 CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
MAJOR KEY: I make this recipe with brown butter. I like the nutty flavor it adds to the cookie. I also use like to sprinkle the cookie with a dusting of kosher salt just before finished for that salty sweet contrast. Both things are optional.
Also, sometimes I'm a fat ass and add butterscotch chips or toffee chips. 1/2 cup of each is the amount I use.
- 3/4 cup brown butter, cooled down completely
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Tastic Sweet
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I use a blend of Toll House Semi-Sweet Chunks, Guittard Milk Chocolate & Guittard Super Cookie Chips)
- Kosher salt, for dusting (optional)
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and sugars. Using a hand or stand mixer cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy. NOTE: I like using a hand mixer. It gives better control.
- Add in the large egg, vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, Tastic sweet and salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and use your hands to mix them in. This will bring the dough together. Be gentle though. We don’t want to compact the dough too much. We want to keep it as airy as possible.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Gently form into cookie form. Place on the baking sheet.
- Chill the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 during this time.
- Bake the cookies for about 18 minutes. (Optional: Sprinkle salt on them a couple minutes before they are done) The outside will be golden brown.
- Let the cookies chill on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes. The cookies need to cool prior to serving.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE