DINNER SALAD WITH RADICCHIO AND ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
- ½ cup salted, roasted cashews
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- ¾ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ tsp. fish sauce
- ¾ tsp. honey
- 1 garlic clove
- Kosher salt
- 4small sweet potatoes (about 1½ lb. total), scrubbed, halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 heads of radicchio (about 1 lb. total), quartered, cores removed, leaves separated
- 1 small fennel bulb, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- Flaky sea salt
- ½ cup crushed salted, roasted cashews
- ½ cup cilantro leaves with tender stems
- Blend cashews, oil, vinegar, red pepper flakes, fish sauce, honey, garlic, and ⅓ cup warm water in a blender until very creamy, smooth, and pourable. Taste dressing and season with salt.
- Do Ahead: Dressing can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 425°. Place sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and season with kosher salt; turn to coat. Arrange cut side down; roast until tender and cut sides are browned, 20–25 minutes. Let cool.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Carefully lower eggs into water and cook 8 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and let cool. Remove eggs from ice water, pat dry, and peel.
- Toss radicchio, fennel, and vinegar in a large bowl; season with sea salt. Drizzle ½ cup dressing down sides of bowl. Using your hands, fold salad, working from the bottom out toward the sides of the bowl, until evenly coated in dressing.
- Transfer salad to a platter. Tear sweet potatoes and eggs into 1½" pieces and nestle into salad. Season egg yolks with sea salt. Drizzle more dressing over and top with cashews and cilantro. Serve with remaining dressing alongside.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!