CURRY CRUSTED PIZZA
2-2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour OR bread flour, divided (250-295g)
1 packet instant yeast (2 ¼ teaspoon)
1 ½ teaspoons sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons curry powder and/or dried basil leaves, optional
2 tablespoons olive oil + additional
¾ cup warm water
1. Combine 1 cup (125g) of flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add garlic powder & dried basil.
2. Add olive oil, warm water and use a wooden spoon to stir very well.
3. Gradually add another 1 cup (125g) of flour. Add any additional flour as needed, stirring until the dough is forming into a cohesive, elastic ball and is beginning to pull away from the sides of the bowl. The dough will still be slightly sticky but still should be manageable with your hands.
4. Drizzle a separate, large, clean bowl generously with olive oil and use a pastry brush to brush up the sides of the bowl.
5. Lightly dust your hands with flour and form your pizza dough into a round ball and transfer to your olive oil-brushed bowl. Use your hands to roll the pizza dough along the inside of the bowl until it is coated in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place.
6. Allow dough to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. If you intend to bake this dough into a pizza, preheat your oven to 425F (215C) so that it will have reached temperature once your pizza is ready to bake.
7. Once the dough has risen, use your hands to gently deflate it and transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead briefly until smooth (about 3-5 times).
8. Use either your hands or a rolling pin to work the dough into 12" circle.
9. Transfer dough to a parchment paper lined pizza pan and either pinch the edges or fold them over to form a crust.
10. Drizzle additional olive oil (about a Tablespoon) over the top of the pizza and use your pastry brush to brush the entire surface of the pizza (including the crust) with olive oil.
11. Use a fork to poke holes all over the center of the pizza to keep the dough from bubbling up in the oven.
12. Add desired toppings and bake in a 425F preheated oven for 13-15 mins or until toppings are golden brown.
13. Slice and serve.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones