CRISPY BAKED SWEET JERK WINGS & FLATS
Add more jerk marinade to increase heat.
10 whole chicken wings cut into flats and drumettes. Discard tips or use for a stock. That leaves you with 20 wing pieces total
1 tbsp. baking powder
2 tbsps. Tastic spice*
¼ cup sweet chili sauce
2 tbsps. wet Jerk Marinade (add more if you like it hot)
1 tbsp. orange preserve
MAJOR KEY: Be sure to pat the wings dry.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Place a rack onto a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss the flats and drumettes with the baking powder and salt. Place wings on the rack in single layer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine all sauce ingredients into a small bowl, mix and set aside.
- After 30 minutes, leave them in there and raise the heat to 425°F until brown and crispy, 40-50 minutes.
- Take wings out and let rest 5 minutes. Toss or drizzle sauce on chicken and serve.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones