CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE WITH ORANGE NUTMEG FROSTING
- 1½ cups unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 cups cake flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Tastic Sweet
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste (or extract)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a standard-size 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until combined and soft, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar continue to beat on medium speed, scraping the bowl once or twice, until the mixture is very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until each one is completely incorporated before adding the next. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, reduce the speed to low, and gradually add the flour until it has all been combined. Add the vanilla extract and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and gently spread to the edges of the pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 1¼ to 1½ hours, or until a thin knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Meanwhile for the frosting:
- Best softened butter and cream cheese until well blended. Add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until well blended. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Drizzle or frost cake with at little or as much frosting as possible.
- Additional garnish ideas: fresh mint, fresh or dehydrated orange slices, sugared grapes
- Leftovers can be wrapped in plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container and stored at room temperature for up to 4 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones