1 small watermelon
½ cup crumbled feta
2 tbsps. reduced balsamic or regular balsamic vinegar
Lemon flake salt (optional)
Pickled red onion
1 cup diced mango
¼ cup fresh oj
¼ cup rice vinegar
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Cut off skin of melon and discard. Cut melon into a block. Save the odd pieces that were cut off.
- Place odd pieces in blender and blend until smooth. Strain liquid through a sieve. Cut the block of watermelon into 2 inch cubes and place strained juice and watermelon cubes in a bowl or ziplock. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile make dressing. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust taste with Tastic Spice.
- Remove watermelon from liquid and arrange on plate. Save the juice for drinking or cocktails.
- Drizzle on mango vinaigrette and reduced balsamic, place red onion, sprinkle on feta. Garnish with lemon flake salt (optional) and fresh basil.
*Tastic spice is available at www.chefjjackson.com