COMPRESSED WATERMELON SALAD WITH MANGO VINAIGRETTE
- 1 small watermelon
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 2 tbsps. reduced balsamic or regular balsamic vinegar
- Lemon flake salt (optional)
- Pickled red onion
- Fresh basil
- Tastic Spice*
- 1 cup diced mango
- ¼ cup fresh oj
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Cut off skin of melon and discard. Cut melon into a block. Save the odd pieces that were cut off.
- Place odd pieces in blender and blend until smooth. Strain liquid through a sieve. Cut the block of watermelon into 2 inch cubes and place strained juice and watermelon cubes in a bowl or ziplock. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile make dressing. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust taste with Tastic Spice.
- Remove watermelon from liquid and arrange on plate. Save the juice for drinking or cocktails.
- Drizzle on mango vinaigrette and reduced balsamic, place red onion, sprinkle on feta. Garnish with lemon flake salt (optional) and fresh basil.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE