Major Key: I tried Meyer lemons instead of regular ones and loved it. Heat is the spice of life. Go crazy and throw in some Sriracha, red chili flakes or Harissa if you like flames. Also, you can use your favorite dried herb instead of the fresh parsley. Lastly, all flats make this whole recipe bae.
2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon Tastic spice, plus more *
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons Asian chili sauce (or more if you like)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Big handful of chopped parsley
1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 1/2 lbs chicken wings 12 wings, washed and dried thoroughly
2 tablespoons corn starch
1. Preheat oven to 175.
2. Zest lemons and arrange lemon zest on a pan in a single layer.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes until dry. Crush lemon zest with your fingers until powdery.
4. Place dried zest in a bowl (about 1 1/2 tablespoons worth) and add pepper, Tastic and paprika. (This is a mild lemon pepper seasoning. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.) Set aside.
5. Toss chicken in corn starch. Drizzle chicken lightly with olive oil and toss with 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix.
5. Preheat oven to 385 and refrigerate chicken for 30 minutes.
6. Place chicken on wire rack and wire rack on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes until crisp and cooked thru. (Flip halfway thru).
7. While wings are baking melt butter in sauce pan over low heat. Add garlic, juice of 2 lemons, 1 tablespoon of seasoning mix, chili sauce and fresh parsley. Remove from heat and stir until mixed.
8. Remove cooked chicken from oven and IMMEDIATELY place them in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining lemon pepper seasoning and pour butter mixture on the top and toss until coated.
9. Garnish with more parsley and/or zest.
*optional* Before serving drizzle chicken with the juice of half a lemon, salt, and fresh black pepper. Let sit for a few minutes for lemon juice to absorb and enjoy!