A few words... So let’s time stamp this recipe. We are deep in quarantine life in 2020. I wanted a cookie and a brownie, but I wanted it over the top. I happen to have some Cookie Butter ice cream from Trader Joe’s and I went off.
Major Key: The sweet flavors are interchangeable. You can use different types of chocolate chips or melted drizzles. Try dark chocolate, peanut butter chips or melt down some cookie butter. The options are endless.
- 1 stick salted butter (1/2 cup, very soft)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 18.9 ounce brownie mix – my all-time favorite is Ghirardelli Double Chocolate
- (eggs, oil, and water for brownie mix)
- Butterscotch chips, optional
- Corn flakes (crushed), optional
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars in a small mixing bowl. Add vanilla and egg; cream again until smooth. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir gently until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brownie batter as directed. Pour batter into a glass 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Scatter pieces of cookie dough over the top of the brownie batter. In my 8×8 square pan, I was able to get about 2/3 of the cookie dough to fit over the brownies and I just saved the rest for regular cookies. Press gently on the dough just until it starts to sink down into the batter a little bit.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (35 for gooey, 40 or more for fully baked), covering with foil if you need to keep the cookies from getting too brown on top. Let stand for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
- If using the butterscotch and corn flakes melt butterscotch chips in microwave. Heat chips in 30 second intervals and stir in between. Drizzle on butterscotch, sprinkle on corn flakes. I like to repeat and make 2 layers. It helps the texture.
*Tastic spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE