Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- The majority of this recipe can be prepped the night before. Prep all the ingredients the night before and assemble in the morning.
1 red pepper
1 roma tomato
1 bunch of green onion
1 jalapeno, optional
1 bunch of cilantro, optional
Small container of heavy cream
2 cups of your favorite shredded cheese
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
Small container of salsa
8 ozs of vegetable stokc
1 lb ground beef or turkey
4 tbsps Taco seasoning
2/3 cup vegetable stock
10 large eggs
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar or your favorite shredded cheese
¼ cup heavy cream
1 roma tomato, diced (in a can is fine as well)
1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced or diced (your choice)
1 red pepper, diced
2 green onions, sliced
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup salsa
1 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
2 tbsps torn fresh cilantro (optional)
- Cook ground meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When almost cooked through, add in peppers. Drain excess liquid.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and stock. Turn heat to low and simmer for until sauce thickens. About 5 minutes. Remove half the meat and peppers and set aside the rest in skillet.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add 1 cup of cheese, heavy cream and whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture over top of the meat in the skillet and stir to mix. Bake for 30 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through and fluffy.
- Top with remaining ground beef, remaining cheese, tomato, green onion, sour cream and salsa.
- Garnish with jalapeno and cilantro, if using.
* Tastic spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊