STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE MIMOSA
1/2 c. finely crushed Nilla wafers
2/3 c. strawberry ice cream
10 oz. vanilla vodka
1 bottle Champagne or Prosecco
1. Run a sliced strawberry around the rim of Champagne flutes. Dip each rim in Nilla crumbs.
2. Into each flute, drop 1 tablespoon strawberry ice cream, then add 1 ounce vodka and top with Prosecco.
3 Top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of Nilla crumbs, and a strawberry for garnish. Serve.
MAD HATTER'S TEA PARTY COCKTAIL
For the Tea-Infused Rum:
1 (750-milliliter) bottle aged rum
3 tablespoons tea leaves, fruity blend
For the Cocktail:
2 ounces tea-infused rum
3/4 ounce lime juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
1/4 ounce ginger syrup
Lime wheel, for garnish
1. Place tea leaves and rum in an jar with lid and shake well.
2. Let infuse for 1 hour.
3. Strain out the tea in a fine mesh strainer and bottle the rum. It can be stored like any other liquor.
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine the tea-infused rum, lime juice, and syrups. Fill with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain into old fashioned with fresh ice and garnish with fresh lime wheel.
2 cups self rising or all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
10 tbsps unsalted cold, frozen and cut into chunks
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup half & half
1/2 cup buttermilk
Soften butter for brushing (optional)
A mixing bowl
Pastry brush or spoon
Food processor, grater, pastry cutter or knife
Cookie tray lined with parchment
A hot oven that will hit 425