BANG BANG BROCCOLI
MAJOR KEY: Letting the broccoli sit a little longer will only help it adhere to the bread crumbs more. If you have the time, let it set for 15 minutes. Also, if you want to bake the broccoli not fry it you can set the oven at 425 and let it go for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
Bang Bang Sauce
1/4 cup vegan mayo
3 tbsp. Chili paste (less if you don't like heat)
1 1/2 tbsp. Agave nectar (honey if you're in a pinch)
1 cup Almond milk
1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1 tbsp. Tastic spice
2 tsp. Hot sauce or Sriracha
And the rest
2 cups seasoned Panko bread crumbs
1 Head of Broccoli
Oil for frying
Chives for garnish(optional)
1. Make the sauce, whisk together the mayo, chilli paste and agave in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Make the batter, add the apple cider vinegar to the almond milk in a small bowl and let sit for a few minutes to make vegan buttermilk. Add the flour, cornstarch, and salt to a medium sized mixing bowl, then add the hot sauce and almond milk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
3. Put the panko in a separate bowl.
4. Cut broccoli into florets, then heat the oil on medium high in a large pan, I like to use a cast iron skillet, you need about 1/2-1 inch of oil at the bottom of the pan.
5. Dip each floret of broccoli in the batter, then into the panko and coat thoroughly. Once the oil is hot add the broccoli to the hot oil. Fry for about a minute or two on each side, or until brown and crispy. Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE