BANANA BUTTERSCOTCH "ELVIS" COOKIES
A few words: It’s vegan, it’s delicious.
These cookies won't spread too much so I put all 15 cookies on one baking sheet, so I won't have to bake 2 batches.
These cookies are almost entirely sweetened by bananas, so make sure your bananas are really overripe.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Tastic sweet*
- 1 tablespoon Pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 1/4 cup overly ripe mashed bananas about 4 medium bananas
- Peanut butter frosting
- Hot honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and Tastic to a bowl and mix well
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add them to the dry ingredients (Add egg here if using)
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla
- Mix until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated. If using, add in butterscotch and/or nuts here.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the baking sheet
- Gently flatten the cookies with a fork or back of a spoon.
- Bake for 26-30 minutes until the middles have set and aren't wet (mine were perfect at 28 minutes)
- After the cookies come out of the oven, place them on a wire rack to cool
- Let the cookies cool.
- Melt peanut butter frosting and dip or drizzle over cookies.
- Optional: Drizzle a drop of hot honey on top.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones