A few words... I'm ramping up for Make Vegan Sexy month (May). This recipe is going to be great for some creations I make. I'll periodically update this recipe with links to those recipes.
- 2 cups slivered blanched almonds
- 2-3 teaspoons nutritional yeast plus more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 3/4 - 1 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil, oregano, or parsley (optional)
1. Add all ricotta ingredients (starting with the lesser amount of water (3/4 cup and salt (1/2 tsp) as original recipe is written) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed (~2 minutes). You are looking for a well-puréed mixture with only very small bits of almonds intact. Add a bit more water a little at a time if the mixture is having a hard time blending until smooth.
2. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt for overall flavor, nutritional yeast for cheesiness, and lemon juice for acidity. For even more flavor, you can add in some fresh basil, oregano, or parsley (optional).
3. At this point, the “cheese” is ready to enjoy, especially in dishes like Lasagna, Pizza, or Stuffed Shells. However, it can also be wrapped in cheesecloth, formed into a ball, and placed into a fine mesh strainer set over a mixing bowl up to 3 days. This will allow the “cheese” to firm up a bit. However, this is optional. You can also transfer straight from blender to a storage container and refrigerate.
4. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 5-7 days.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones