30 MINUTE COQ AU VIN CHICKEN MEATBALLS WITH BROWNED BUTTER MASHED POTATOES
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey or chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Tastic spice*
- 2-3 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- mashed potatoes, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Add the turkey, egg, bread crumbs, parmesan, and a pinch each of Tastic spice to a bowl. Coat your hands with a bit of olive oil and roll the meat into tablespoon-size balls (will make 15-20 meatballs), placing them on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the meatballs are crisp and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon and reserve. If there's excess bacon grease, drain off all but 1 tablespoon. To the skillet, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until softened and fragrant. Stir in the garlic, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook another 5 minutes, until the vegetables are caramelizing on the edges. Add the tomato paste. Cook 1 minute.
4. Add in the red wine, chicken broth, bay leaves, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, bring the sauce to a boil, cook 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in the meatballs, cover and cook 5 minutes, until the meatballs are coated in the sauce. Remove the bay leaves and thyme and discard. Stir in the parsley and reserved bacon.
5. Serve the meatballs and sauce over mashed potatoes.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones