10 HALLOWEEN COCKTAILS THAT ARE EVEN BETTER THAN YOUR COSTUME
Glow in the dark drinks are a Halloween MUST.
1. APPLE CIDER SLUSHIES
- 3 c. apple cider
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 mini cinnamon-sugar doughnuts
- Pour cider, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a loaf pan, whisking to combine. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove the cider mixture from the freezer and use a fork to scrape the slushy mixture, so it doesn't turn into a giant ice cube. Once fully scraped and stirred, return it to the freezer for 1 hour more.
- Remove the cider mixture from the freezer once again, using a fork to scrape and stir it into a consistency like shaved ice. If it's not frozen enough for your taste, pop it back in the freezer for another 45 minutes. Otherwise, spoon into 2 glasses and garnish each rim with a mini doughnut.
2. BLACK MAGIC JELL-O SHOTS
- 2 (6-ounce) packages purple Jell-O, divided
- 2 c. cups boiling water, divided
- 2 c. vodka, divided
- Black food coloring
- Lime wedge, for rim
- Black sanding sugar, for rim
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together 1 package purple Jell-O and 1 cup boiling water until completely dissolved. Whisk in vodka. Fill shot cups halfway with mixture. Transfer to refrigerator to firm up, 2 to 3 hours.
- When shots are almost firm, make the second layer: In a large measuring cup, whisk together remaining package purple Jell-O and 1 cup boiling water until completely dissolved. Whisk in vodka and black food coloring.
- Pour black Jell-O mixture over each Jell-O shot and return to refrigerator to firm up, 2 to 3 hours more.
- Once Jell-O shot is firm, rim each shot glass with lime and dip in black sanding sugar.
3. BOOZY SCREAMSICLE SHAKES
- Chocolate sauce, for garnish
- 6 Oreos, finely crushed
- 1 qt. orange sherbet
- 3/4 c. milk
- 8 oz. vanilla vodka
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Orange & black sprinkles, for garnish
- Pour 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce onto a small, shallow plate. Place Oreo crumbs on a second small plate. Dip rims of serving glasses first in chocolate sauce, then in Oreo crumbs.
- Combine sherbet, milk, and vodka in a blender and blend to combine. Drizzle some chocolate sauce on the inside of each serving glass, then fill with milkshake. Garnish with whipped cream, remaining Oreo crumbs, and sprinkles.
4. BLACK MAGIC MARGARITAS
- 2 tbsp. black sanding sugar
- 2 c. ice
- 4 oz. silver tequila
- 2 oz. triple sec
- 1/2 c. lime juice
- Red food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Rim two glasses with a lime slice and dip in black sanding sugar.
- Divide tequila, triple sec, and lime juice between two glasses and stir to combine. Add food coloring until desired black color is achieved.
- Add ice and garnish with a slice of lime before serving.
5. COLOR-CHANGING MARGARITAS
- 2 c. sliced purple cabbage
- 4 c. boiling water
- 8 oz. tequila
- 4 oz. triple sec
- 3 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 c. lemonade
- 4 lime wedges, for garnish
- 1/4 c. kosher salt or coarse sea salt, for rim
- Place cabbage in a large heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water over cabbage and let sit until water turns deep blue, 5 minutes. Strain out cabbage and let water cool.
- When water is no longer hot, transfer to ice trays. Freeze until solid, 4 hours.
- In a medium pitcher or measuring cup, combine tequila with triple sec, lime juice, and lemonade. Wet rims of glasses with a lime wedge and dip in salt.
- Place purple ice cubes in glasses and divide margarita between them. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
6. DRUNKEN PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
- 1 c. vodka
- 1/2 c. Reese's Pieces
- 3 oz. Reese's-infused vodka
- 3 oz. milk
- 2 oz. Chocolate Liqueur
- 1/4 c. peanut butter, for rimming glass
- 1/2 c. crushed Reese's Pieces, for rimming glass
- 2 Reese's peanut butter cups, for garnish
- 2 tbsp. chocolate syrup
- In a mason jar, combine vodka and Reese’s pieces. Cover with tight-fitting lid and shake. Refrigerate overnight, then strain.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then pour over strained vodka, milk, and chocolate liqueur. Shake until chilled.
- Put peanut butter on one small plate and crushed Reese's Pieces on another. Dunk tops of two cocktail glasses in peanut butter then roll in crushed Reese's Pieces.
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of chocolate syrup into each glass. Divide cocktail mixture between glasses and garnish each with a peanut butter cup.
7. GLOWING JELL-O SHOTS
- 2 c. tonic water, divided
- 2 packages Jell-O (two flavors; we used pineapple and orange)
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. vodka
- Make the first layer: Pour one cup tonic water into a pot over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, add the pineapple Jell-o mix. Whisk until the mix has dissolved, then pour in half a cup of water and half a cup of vodka. Stir to combine.
- Pour the Jell-o into shot glasses, filling them about two-thirds of the way up. Place in the refrigerator to chill, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Make the second layer: As they set, start making the orange Jell-o, following the same process used for the pineapple Jell-o.
- Top each of the pineapple Jell-o shot glasses with the orange Jell-o mixture. Return the shots to the fridge to set, 2 to 3 hours.
8. HARVEST PUNCH
- 6 c. ice
- 1/2 gal. apple cider
- 1 (750 mL) bottle Prosecco, chilled
- 1 c. vodka
- 2 (12-oz.) can ginger beer
- 3 apples, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced into triangles, plus more for rimming
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- Cinnamon sugar, for rimming
- In a large punch bowl, add ice. Pour in apple cider, Prosecco, vodka, and ginger beer. Add apples, oranges, and cinnamon sticks.
- Using an orange slice, wet rim of glasses, then dip into cinnamon sugar, turning to coat. Serve punch in rimmed glasses.
9. HOCUS POCUS JELL-O SHOTS
- 1 package orange Jell-O
- 1 package purple Jell-O
- 1 package green Jell-O
- 3 c. boiling water, divided
- 3 c. vodka, divided
- 1 c. cool whip
- 15 Oreos, cream removed
- 30 chocolate kisses
- Orange, green, and purple sanding sugar
- Into three separate bowls or measuring cups, add each flavor jello. Into each bowl add boiling water and vodka and whisk until Jell-O mixture is fully dissolved. Pour into plastic cups and place in the refrigerator to harden, 3-4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make witch's hats. Make sure all cream is removed from Oreo cookies and place smooth side down. Take an unwrapped Kiss and dip in cool whip, and then into the sanding sugar of your choice. Press Kiss in the center of the cookie to join the two.
- When Jell-O is hardened, top with cool whip and a witch hat. Serve.
10. THE RISEN FROM THE GRAVE COCKTAIL
- 3 oz. Absolut Citron vodka
- 2 oz. St. Germain
- 1 handful ice
- 1/4 oz. strawberry puree
- Strawberry and mint leaf (for garnish)
- Combine the vodka and St. Germain in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake.
- Pour strawberry puree into the bottom of a martini glass. Top with the vodka-St. Germain combination.
- Garnish drink with a strawberry and a mint leaf.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones