WHIPPED FROZEN PINK LEMONADE
Lemon Simple Syrup:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, oat milk or other nondairy milk
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups frozen strawberries
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Lemon slices and/or strawberry slices for garnish
- To prepare simple syrup: Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Stir in lemon zest; remove from the heat. Cover and let steep for 1 hour, then strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve; discard the zest. (You'll have extra syrup; refrigerate for up to 1 week.)
- To prepare whipped lemonade: Add 1/2 cup lemon simple syrup, coconut milk (or other milk), lemon juice, strawberries and ice to a blender. Blend until the strawberries are pureed, the ice is crushed and the mixture is slushy.
- Divide between 2 12-ounce glasses. Garnish with lemon slices and/or strawberry slices, if desired, and serve immediately.