VEGAN MIXED BERRY PANCAKES
MAJOR KEY: What makes these pancakes vegan is no egg or milk. The replacement is the flax egg and almond milk. Beyond that, the flavor is negotiable. I like this flavor combination because it works well with berries. You can switch it up or adjust to your own taste preference.
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla (or 1 vanilla bean seed scraped)
- 1 tbsp Tastic Sweet
- 1 tbsp orange peel zest
- 1 cup almond (or oat) milk
- 2 tbsps vegan butter, melted
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed in 3 tbsp water)
- 1 hand of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and/or blackberries
- extra vegan butter to grease the pan
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and Tastic in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the almond milk, vanilla, zest, vegan butter and flax egg together.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently mix just until combined. Do not overmix! Let the batter rest for 5 minutes. NOTE: As this point you could chop or leave whole some berries and toss them in the batter. Just don't over do it or the pancakes will be too heavy.
4. Heat some vegan butter in a large skillet on medium heat (Do not cook over high heat).
5. Pour a scoop of the batter into the pan letting cook for 2-3 minutes or until little bubbles start to form. Flip and cook for 1 minute on the other side.
6. Repeat until all pancakes are made or you get bored..lol.
7. Garnish with additional berries, fresh mint or glitter and gold. 😜
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE